Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customizing telephone field with country code drop down list

Copper Contributor

Customizing telephone field with country code drop down list

I have ACT v21 and I don't see a drop down of country codes in the telephone/mobile/fax fields.

If the country is specified United States, then the telephone fields automatically pick up [1] as country code.  How can I customize this to another country telephone code?  Some clients may have a UK phone even though they may be working in the United States.

Can anyone out there be able to help?  Thanks.

Silver Contributor

Re: Customizing telephone field with country code drop down list

Click on the tab at the end of the phone field and this lets you select a different country code.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply - the trouble is that when I click the phone/fax/mobile fields I don't see any drop-down list of countries.  I used to see the drop-down list of country codes in my previous ACT program v.2012.  But it is not being seen in v.21.  I think the field needs to be formatted.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

You need to click the ellipsis button next to Phone/Fax field.

You will see the below window popping up.

can change the country from the drop-down.

phone.PNG

If you still have issues, try in different layout.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Paul, for your advice. I am aware of the drop down button beside the phone/mobile fields from my older version of ACT. The newer version ACT v.21 does not show this... However when I took a closer look at the fields I noticed a very minute rectangular box at the right top corner of the fields. When I clicked that the Country Code drop downs show up. See image attached My question is why does this not show as normal drop down fields show as a separate box as seen in the image below. Any idea?
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right click on your desktop and check that under Screen Settings Scale is set to 100%

Tuned Listener

Your welcome, and hope you got the solution by changing screen DPI to 100%.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions... I tried but just couldnt find these settings in Windows 10.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

Please do refer the below link which will help you in changing DPI in windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-change-dpi-scaling-level-displays-windows-10-a.html

Silver Contributor

Please note that I have made the assumption that this is not set at 100%. If that is not your problem we will need to dig deeper.