Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customizing Note/History Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Customizing Note/History Report

Is it possible to customize a Notes/History Report to ONLY pull Histories for a certain Result (i.e. Call Completed)?  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Customizing Note/History Report

Thank you, looks like you took care of the issue. The reports are loaded and are working as intended.

Again, thank you!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

It depends on exactly what you want. The History Summary Classic report will give you a count and everything except Call Completed could be suppressed. The custom report package that I sell includes a variation of the Notes/History report that reports only the most recent Call Completed, To-do Done, Meeting Held and Note for the selected time period, Only one of each item is reported for each contact and only the most recent.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

We really want to be able to have a report for a given time period that has the same content as the Notes/History report, but only on specific Results (i.e. A report for all calls completed in the past week, etc.) Basically we want to capture the weekly activity of our sales team.  Thanks! 

Silver Contributor

This can be done' quite easily in Crystal Reports. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

We have Crystal Reports on our accounting server / software, and have spent many hours customizing reports to fit what we want. We didn't want to go through that again on another machine for ACT!, so I found the custom reports package that Mr. Laudenslager refers to.

We went through with the purchase, got an order confirmation, and a reference to a download link that doesn't exist. An email to them has had no response going on a week now.

At this point, it looks like we will be contesting this purchase with the credit card company and spending the manhours internally to write using Crystal Reports. What I wanted however, was a discrete .rpt file that any of the installed base could run; I'm not sure a Crystal Report works the same way.

I'm disturbed to hear of your problems. Because they don't want direct email addresses listed in the forum, I'm sending a personal message with my email address. Please use that to contact me directly.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thank you, looks like you took care of the issue. The reports are loaded and are working as intended.

Again, thank you!

Roy,  Is there a way you could write to me in privet a share some  examples of certain History reports that you have done and the price for them?  My e-mail is rupeco@me.com

Thank you,

Copper Contributor

Hi Roy,

Above you mention "The History Summary Classic report will give you a count and everything except Call Completed could be suppressed." Is this only possible in older version of Act? I am in Premium 2013 and can't find a way to filter by a certain result.

The filtering for specific results types is built into the report template using VB scrupt programming. Most nay combination of result types up to a maximum of eight can be built into the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129