Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customise Opportunity Report to remove $

Customise Opportunity Report to remove $

Hi,

I wish to alter the properties field in a report, I did manage to have the report run without the $ sign one time then the report corrupted with a GUID error.  The data expression I wish to change is Format(Total1, "Currency") & Format(Sum(Total1), "Currency") I do not wish for the report to produce the $, any suggestions. If I alter the statement to much it does not function at all, if I replace it with a new field it does not calculate properly.

I have read a variety of posts that discuss the lack of variable structure for the Opportunity area. We are also using it for keeping track of  something other than its original design we use it for Accreditation points, to have more flexibility in the way opportunities presents would be great, in the mean time if I can get reports as requested above it will make our lives easier.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customise Opportunity Report to remove $

I generally don't use ttThe custom field expression property because it's very limited. I generally use a script with the output directed to the custom field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The custom field is built into the standard template for Opportunites by Contact, I just wish to alter it to have it provide the answers I want.
Copper Elite Contributor

Roy is right you should try to use the custom field first.  If you need additional granular control use VBScript.

You need to be aware of rounding too when you use the format function. If you want to try, give this a 

go:

Format((Total1),"#,###.##") and Format((Sum(Total1)),"#,###.##")

Platinum Elite Contributor

Then you need to blank the expression property in the custom field and use a VB script to fill the field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you that did exactly what I wanted.