Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customer marked as isuser?

Customer marked as isuser?

We are using ACT Premium 2008 (10.0.2.191) 

I have a customer record that is now marked as isuser, plus in the Notes tab, the first record displays

"DO NOT ALTER THIS RECORD IN ANY WAY"

The Customer Info tab shows the record was created by ACT! System with a date of 10/24/2007. We did not install and implement ACT! until March 2008.

When I go into manage users, select the customer name and "Edit user information" I see:

Contact Name: customer name

User name: server

Security role: Administrator

Password: *******   

I think this is the master record for the database. Not sure how it got changed to a customer? Could have been be not paying attention.

I am leery of changing the record. The database is quite large and I don't want to risk losing data. How do I restore this record so it does not display the customer information, including the history?

Thanks 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Customer marked as isuser?

That record is an administrator account for the database and as such is a user in the database, it was created at the time the database was created. All users are listed as contact records.

That record can be changed or even deleted by another administrator in the database.

Contact records can be identified as customers by using a tag for example "ID Status"

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customer marked as isuser?

It sounds like the user "server" entered the "customer" over their own record rather than creating a new one as some stage... and from the date, it might be a copy from the demo database?