Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customer leaves what do I do with the history created with them

Copper Contributor

Customer leaves what do I do with the history created with them

We have this situation a lot:

One of our customers leaves and is replaced, we don't know whether to replace the name of the old contact with new contact or to create a new contact and leave the old in.

We don't want to delete the history that has been created with the old contact and if we replace the name all the old history is then against their name...

On some CRM software there is a options for looking after former employees of your customer.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Customer leaves what do I do with the history created with them

In a similar situation, we change the ID/Status of the Contact to Ex-employee. We link both the contacts to the company so that conversations/documents in history can be looked up at a moment's notice when needed.

Hope this helps!

Re: Customer leaves what do I do with the history created with them

I am using Act! 2012 with Gmail integration. If you are using the same, make sure that you remove the email address for the ex-employee so that any new emails from the same address do not get attached to the ex-employee, but to the new contact/employee.

For example, Jon used to work for ABC Vendor. His email was sales@abcvendor.com. Jon is replaced by Maria and she uses the same email address.

After changing the status of Jon in Act! to Ex-employee/Ex-contact, make sure to remove the email address sales@abcvendor.com from the contact details. This will prevent Jon from being tagged as contact in Admin/User/Manager's history when emails come in from sales@abcvendor.com and only Maria will be tagged.

Hope the above explanation doesn't makes it more complicated for you. Smiley Happy