Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customer ID field read only?

Customer ID field read only?

Is the Customer ID field read only?

I'm syncing customers from our accounting system with Act! using MiddleWare for Act! by V8Software.

It appears that the Customer ID field is read only.

Is there any way to populate this field with our Customer# in the accounting system?

Copper Contributor

Re: Customer ID field read only?

Hi there.

The GUID I may have referred to as the CONTACT ID.  Maybe as Customer ID

It is a System Field.

It is read only.

Using the GUID, you can switch Act! to a specified Contact record (or Account/Customer Record or Opportunity etc)

Hope that helps

Kevin

Kevin@Ritch.com

Kevin, your MiddleWare rocks!

I've been digging some more. Customer ID is a standard Act! field, which is separate from GUID. But it is read only, not usable for my purposes so I have moved on.

Anyway here is my dilemma:

In my accounting system I have 7500 customers which I want to keep in sync with Act!. Changes in customer data in the accounting system need to update Act! companies.

If I use ANAR in MiddleWare then it adds 7500 new companies to Act! - which is not want I want. But there may be some customers that I need to add.

UNAR will update existing companies, but not add new companies.

So it appears that I need to write the Act! GUID back to my accounting system so that I have a unique key to work with. If there is no GUID in my accounting system then I can safely assume that the company does not exist in Act!.

EXCA gives me a list of GUIDs for existing Act! companies.

So my train of thought is to write the GUID back to my accounting system and work with that as a unique key.

Thank you for your reply.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Kevin Rocks with or without Middleware - Great guy.

Not sure if this will help - The free add-on linked below allows you to create a new ACT field and then copy the ACT ID field into it.

http://www.freeactaddons.com/free-addons/guid2field

Copper Contributor