Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom activity report filters not holding

Copper Contributor

Custom activity report filters not holding

I've created a custom activity report but the 'custom' filters are not holding between running the report. The report is based on a custom activity i.e 'Survey' and I dont want the user to have to go into the activity filter and select it each time the report is run.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thanks,
Wayne
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Custom activity report filters not holding

Have you tried making the modification to the report template?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

Yes, I set the filters in report design mode and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether they are set there or in report run mode. What is happening is that the 'All' option instead of the individual custom filter is selected once the user reopens the report.

Wayne
Nickel Elite Contributor

I've not had occasion to try to preset the report filters for specific history results but it looks like those are not configurable the same as specific users can't be preset in the report filters. In other words, working as designed. You might want to make a feature request for that.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

Royel said: "In other words, working as designed."

I would accept that if these options were available only in report run mode. Because these options are available in design mode they should stick to what was set in design mode. Because of that I'd class it as a bug.

Wayne
Platinum Elite Contributor

waynew wrote:
Royel said: "In other words, working as designed."

I would accept that if these options were available only in report run mode. Because these options are available in design mode they should stick to what was set in design mode. Because of that I'd class it as a bug.

A bug is where the code doesn't work the way it was designed... this is more a design issue.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.
Copper Contributor

I've sent in a bug report to them.

>A bug is where the code doesn't work the way it was designed...

Actually this is precisely the case in this instance. Just think about it, if we are in design view of a report and in design view the developer has the possibility to select a single filter option, in this case its a single activity type, not "ALL' not 2 types or 3 but a single activity type and then the developer saves that report for the users. Provided the user doesn't select any run time filters  the report should run with the filter that was set at design time by the developer otherwise its a bug not a design issue, otherwise what would be the value of providing the ability of setting activity type filters at design time..
Its a different story if we dont set a filter at report design time but leave it entirely to the user to select at report run time, in that case it could be looked at as a design issue.

Hope that is clear.

Best,
Wayne