Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Templates and Fields

Custom Templates and Fields

I have been creating custom templates using custom fields and tabs. All documents have worked so far but one of them keeps providing an error:  "Variable name already exists". This template is very similar to another one I am using and despite recreating the tabs, fields, and template several different times and different ways, I cannot get past this error and i do not understand why. Can anyone offer any assistance??

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Templates and Fields

This sounds like a screen layout and it sounds like you're modifying and existing layout. If so, a field can only be placed once in a layout. You can use the properties panel to try and locate the existing field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Custom Templates and Fields

Thanks for the reply. I am aware a field can be used only one on a layout. I did discover what the problem was through a google search....turns out it doesn't like that my contact fields in my template were set to ALL CAPS. This is an issue as our legal documents require this so not sure if there is a fix? Tested this theory and that is indeed what the problem was. any input?

Lisa