Do you mean 

Custom Tables - Linking to ACT! Calendar

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom Tables - Linking to ACT! Calendar

Using Version: 20.1.120.0, Update 5

Windows 10 Pro

Will be shared on a server (will also be Windows 10 Pro)

I am trying to create a custom table for reservations for a park our company owns.  We rent cabins, rooms,etc.  

I need to be able to have the table automatically link to the calendar when the dates are entered, showing name and site of reservation. 

Is this possible?  If so, are there instructions out there on how to do this? 

Thank you

Colleen Catania

Say Very Little - Be Very Much

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author cacatania
‎06-20-2018 06:57 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Tables - Linking to ACT! Calendar

The Calendar only displays from the Activity Table. Maybe use a Custom Activity Type?

If you need more, I think the Durkin Impact Suite might do what you're looking for.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author cacatania
‎06-20-2018 06:57 AM

The Calendar only displays from the Activity Table. Maybe use a Custom Activity Type?

If you need more, I think the Durkin Impact Suite might do what you're looking for.
Administrator

I'd agree with Mike, the only way to add to the calendar in Act! is to schedule Activities.

You could possibly use Smart Tasks to do this, or I'm sure there'll be addons like Mike suggests!
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much for the help.  Question -- is there actually an activity table that I can create?  or just use activities?  I really have to have it go directly from the reservation table to the calendar.  Right now we will add the step to the instructions for our employees, to remember to add to the calendar.  But it would be awesome to have it somehow connect without having to remember to do that.  

Thanks again! 

Say Very Little - Be Very Much

Smart Tasks can't operate on Custom Tables. I've sent a note to the main support for Durkin to see if it will do this.