Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Tables 2017

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Custom Tables 2017

Hi

I'm new to ACT! but an experienced DBA.  I'm struggling with the design process for the ACT! database.

My client wants me to create two custom tabs, one of which is to record events and workshops that the contact has booked and attended.  The ideal solution is a custom table tab, simply to the Activities or Opportunity tabs.  I've suggested that we customise the Opportunities tab but the client doesn't want that as they might want to use that in the future.

The previous threads on this topic are quiet historic and the link have since expired.  What is the current situation regarding custom tables?  

I'm developing this via the web application as I don't have access to the desktop client.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author lminglis
‎02-18-2017 12:33 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: Custom Tables 2017

The simplest option in your scenario is going to be using Topline Designer, as their product works with both Windows and Web.

Act! still does not have any built-in administrative tools for creating/managing custom tables.  All the solutions are third-party.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author lminglis
‎02-18-2017 12:33 PM
Copper Contributor

The simplest option in your scenario is going to be using Topline Designer, as their product works with both Windows and Web.

Act! still does not have any built-in administrative tools for creating/managing custom tables.  All the solutions are third-party.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Also consider using Groups and custom Activity types as an alternative.

This is great, thank you very much for your help.