Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Default Access Level

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Custom Default Access Level

Hello All:

I am using ACT 2007 Premium for Web (9.0) and I would like to assign a custom default access level to each new contact based on the record creator's team membership. 

For example, if user1 is in team1 then when user1 creates a new contact, I would like the record access list to default to user1's team (team1).  Does anyone know if this has been done or if it is possible in my version?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Sincerely,

Adam C. Madkour

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author acmadkour
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Default Access Level

Default access cannot defined based on team membership, but rather for each user.  The web user would log into the web database, then go to Tools/Preferences/Startup and define the access for records that he/she creates when logged in under their user name. This would have to be done by each individual user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author acmadkour
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Default access cannot defined based on team membership, but rather for each user.  The web user would log into the web database, then go to Tools/Preferences/Startup and define the access for records that he/she creates when logged in under their user name. This would have to be done by each individual user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ah yes that seems like it will work, thank you very much for your help!

My pleasure...look forward to hearing from you again.

Greig Hollister