Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Commands in ACT 2013

Copper Contributor

Custom Commands in ACT 2013

I tried to add a custom command that would allow me to open a saved xxx.ADT template.  When I try to add the custom command ACT shuts down.  For example I want a blank quote template I use all the time to be on my menu bar. 

Any suggestions?

Thnaks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Commands in ACT 2013

Hello Hardrockchina,
This is currently an open issue in ACT! 2013. Creating custom commands will cause the program to crash when reopening. To resolve this issue you will need to to the following:
- Close the error message
- Click your Windows Start button, either click Run or go to the Search box on the Start menu and type %appdata%

- In the AppData folder open ACT > ACT Data > Preferences

- Locate the CustomCommands.ser file and delete it

- Reopen ACT!

At this point, you cannot create custom commands in ACT! 2013 without getting the error. You can still add existing menu commands to the toolbars though. This issue is scheduled to be fixed in the next service pack for ACT! 2013 (release date pending). We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Greig

I look forward to the fix when it comes out.

Copper Contributor

Has the custom command issue been resolved?  

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes - it was resolved a couple of months ago with a hot fix. Please see this Knowledgebase article for information and instructions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3099...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Perfect I will install !! Thanks