Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Command Line - Lookup

Custom Command Line - Lookup

Hey, 

Wondering if anyone can help me with the command line that I should use for a custom command  so that I can do a lookup by a field that I created named "File Name".

In other words: in the same way that I can go to the lookup dropdown menu and choose "Surname" i want to instead to be able to choose "File Name" instead within this drop down menu.

Many thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Command Line - Lookup

Nickel Super Contributor

Why not just right click in the field and choose "Lookup File Name"?

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Silver Contributor

I think this is an sdk thing.  Let me know if you figure it out. would be nice to customize.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

GL:

I would add this command to the lookup menu.

The "result" would only be the "lookup contacts" popup window appearing with the "look in this field" dropdown box already having the "File Name" field selected i.e the same operation as selecting "surname" within the lookup menu but with "file name" instead of "surname" being default selected. 

Ritakog
:You are correct, that is one method to achieving the "result". But I want to to provide the menu option to people who are used to doing lookup via the menu. Additional reasoning is that the right click method is only available if already within the contact screen where as menu method can be performed anywhere within application.

Cheers

Platinum Elite Contributor

For what it's worth, I find the right click on the field for lookups so much more efficient that I only use the lookup menu for Advanced Queries and Contact Activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I know this is an old thread but were you ever successful? I have a Phone Program that can complete a search based on a variable %phonenumber% which comes from the caller ID. Have you had any luck? 

Thanks