Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Activity

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom Activity

HI,

I would like to know if it is possible to launch a custom form for a particular type of activity. Also I would like to add some custom fields to the activity table. Any ideas how this can be done...

Thanks

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyajit_singh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Custom Activity

Thanks for your reply.

I have now resolved this by coding for the event when the activity modal dialog box is shown and there by working with the form controls. 

However I did face problem in updating the custom field, due to the reason that custom fields can only be added to contact, company and opportunities.  Hence have had to use OleDb here. However if there is any other way to create and access a custom activity field, please update me.

Thanks

Satyajit

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Satyajit,
If you are looking to have a custom activity window, you would need a third-party add-on to do this, like Durkin Toolkit or TopLine Designer.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author satyajit_singh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have now resolved this by coding for the event when the activity modal dialog box is shown and there by working with the form controls. 

However I did face problem in updating the custom field, due to the reason that custom fields can only be added to contact, company and opportunities.  Hence have had to use OleDb here. However if there is any other way to create and access a custom activity field, please update me.

Thanks

Satyajit

Tuned Listener

Hi Satyajit,

I need to solve similar problem. Would you mind if I ask you to share some source code? I'm interested in handling activity related events.

Very best regards and thank you!

Krzysztof Kaźmierczak