Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Curiousity about database structure

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Curiousity about database structure

Wondering if anyone could throw some light on this.   

I've been trying out add-ons for dear life.   i.e. Exponenciel Layout changer, and the ACT presentation Dynamic Field Colour.

Both work fine on the Contact screen, but neither works on the Opportunity Layout.   Then, to my surprise, not even the inbuilt ACT F6 button which on the Contact screen lets you go to the previous layout works on the Opportunity screen.

Wondering what is so different about the Opportunity module.   Is ACT a flat database structure, so the opportunities module is a secondary form - i.e. ACT is not a fully relational database?   So the Opportunity screen is not 'at the top level' so to speak?  Or something like that?

I gues no-one can solve this - that's how it is.  But it's really puzzled me.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Curiousity about database structure

Hi Jane,

Act is working with SQL, and there are different tables for Contacts or Companys, or Opportunitys. 

the major point was, that at the time when act did change to SQL , the product was done by different developers, so there was one team for Opportunitys and a other Team for i.e. Contacts. that may explain why features are different. 

if the addon is not working, on Opportunys, is probably working as designed.  I will check if our tool Layoutswitch can work with opportunys and let you know if so. 

regards

Ingo Lange

CrmAddon Factory 

+44 203 86825 78

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

the major point was, that at the time when act did change to SQL , the product was done by different developers, so there was one team for Opportunitys and a other Team for i.e. Contacts. that may explain why features are different. 

Gosh.  That was not an answer I was expecting.   That's thrown me!

Thanks for any further help on this.   I don't think Layout Switch does work in Opportunities.  It would be so nice if it did, though...

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor