Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Culture ID 4096 Error when importing or exporting V20

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Culture ID 4096 Error when importing or exporting V20

If you're using Windows 10:

Control Panel>Programs and Features>

On the left hand side of the Control Panel, select 'Turn windows features on or off'

Uncheck the box next to .net framework 4.x 

Reboot

Once signed back into Windows:

Control Panel>Programs and Features>

On the left hand side of the Control Panel, select 'Turn windows features on or off'

Re-check the box next to .net framework 4.x 

Wait for changes to complete.

Open Act! and confirm the issue is resolved.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Administrator

Thanks Karl,

I've updated my earlier post to reflect that the .NET reinstall option isn't in the program list anymore (for some versions of windows)!
Highlighted

I have run into this same problem trying to import and export and now can't create a new database.  I have tried every Act Tech fix listed and even reformated my hard drive and did a fresh install of all software. The error when away for a couple of days and now it is back.  Does anyone have a solution for this error, I have speculated as to whether it has something to do with the Window 10 automatic updates.  I am running Act V18 with Update 6 on Windows 10 Pro.

Highlighted

Me, too. I am receiving the same error when attempting to export a contact from one Act database to another, empty copy of the same database. I've done this many, many times before with no issues, up until just a few weeks ago. What is up? The error message: "Culture ID 4096 (0x1000) is a neutral culture; a region cannot be created from it. Parameter name: culture." I, too, am running Act V18 with Windows 10.

VERY FRUSTRATING!
Highlighted

Hi Sue,

Yes this is very frustrating, I have been dealing with this issue for over a month, went so far as to reformate my hard drive and reinstall all software, it worked for a while then the error came back.  I have been in contact with other uses that are experiencing the same problem.  Act techs just send a list of fixes that don't work.  My suspicion is that it has something to due with the windows 10 critical updates that some how cause the problem, because it was only after a series of those updates that this started occurring, but that is just speculation.  Maybe if enough people complain about this, Act will be forced to come up with a patch.  Although this is not much of a work around, I have been able to import and export excel spread sheet information but no way to move notes fields or hist to another DB.

Keith

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

It was about a year ago I had the 'culture id' error and the .NET fix mentioned in this thread worked.  Then recently, I too have been randomly getting this error attempting to import/export from excel and/or to another database.  Because it's been 2-3x already in the last couple of months where once I apply the Microsoft updates, I can do what I wanted to do.  So yes, I believe Microsoft updates are the culprit!     

Highlighted

Anyone had any luck resolving this issue?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Been doing a number of imports for different people and this came up on only one of them. Could not find any difference in configurations of working or non-working with the error.

Very odd.

Highlighted

I understand there is a patch coming out over the weekend will this address this culture issue.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

i'm getting this in version 21.1.

still a problem...

-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net