Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Culture ID 4096 Error when importing or exporting V20

Culture ID 4096 Error when importing or exporting V20

I am using Premium Version 20.0.159.0 update 4 on Windows 10.  I recently upgraded from V19.  Every time I try to import or export to another Act! database, I get the following error:  Culture ID 4096 (0x1000) is a neutral culture; a region cannot be created from it. Parameter name: culture

Has anybody experienced the same problem and found a fix?  Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Culture ID 4096 Error when importing or exporting V20

Hi there Pdcbill1 - that's not an error message I've seen before.

Is this specific to one particular database, or (for example) if you were to create a 2 brand new databases, and attempt to import/export between them, does the same thing happen?

The "cultures" it is referencing are localisation settings. So usually they should all match - but it's possible that if the databases you're trying to import to/from were originally created in (for example) a french language databases, that could be a potential cause?

Hi Jon,

The two databases were both converted from Act! V19.  They work fine independently but just cannot import or export, to each other, using V20.

Thanks,

Bill

Administrator

I'd definitely recommend creating a new blank database (File > New Database) and see if you have the same issue. This will help us narrow down if it's an issue with your current install of Act! - or just the databases, so we can narrow down the options for fixing it,

I received the same error message when trying to create a new blank database.  I reinstalled Act! v20 and it did not fix the problem.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you check that the currency in both databases is the same.

The currency in both databases is the same.

Copper Contributor

I discovered today that I have the same error as Bill. Both are existing databases converted from v19 to v20.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

If you are getting this error, and reinstalling Act! hasn't worked, there are one or two potential issues.

---------------------------------

1) The .NET framework is damaged/not fully installed/missing features.

If this is the case, it's usually a relatively simple fix. Just open up Programs and Features on your PC, find the most recent version of the "Microsoft .NET Framework" installed (on Windows 10 this will usually be 4.5, 4.6 or 4.7) and right-click and choose repair.

NOTE: On some versions of Windows, you'll find the .NET setings under "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left hand side of Programs and Features - and to reinstall you'll need to unselect the .NET item, hit ok, then go back in and reselect it.

You may need to then restart you PC before testing the issue again.

2) The SQL server is not configured correctly.

In this case, it's a little more complicated. First backup your data (just in case) and then make sure Act is closed.

Go to Programs and Features and first uninstall Act! itself. Once the Act uninstall is complete, go back to Programs and Features and locate Microsoft SQL Server 2014.

Note: there may be a lot of things installed with a similar name - what you'd be looking for is the item that is simply called "Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (64-bit)" - not any of the "Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Native Client" or "Microsoft SQL Server Policies RC1" elements.

Right click and choose "Uninstall", then click "Remove" on the popup.
This won't immediately uninstall the SQL server, but it should open a window which will give you options about which features you want to uninstall.

IMPORTANT: The only Instance you should be removing is the ACT7 instance. Make sure the drop down "Instance to remove features from:" says ACT7 and nothing else. If you have any other SQL Server instances they will be listed here, so be very careful not to remove anything related to those.

Click Next, and tick all of the boxes in the Features list (Database Engine Services & SQL Client Connectivity SDK).

Click next through the next few pages until the uninstall is complete.

Once the uninstall of the SQL Server is complete, you'll now need to reboot your PC. Once the reboot is complete, install Act again from the installation media on your PC. This will install Act! but it will also reinstall the SQL instance too, so it may take a little longer than usual.

Once the install is done, open Act. You'll need to navigate to your database, as it won't be presented in the Open Database list by default. Just go to Open/Share Database > Browse for Databases and navigate to the folder containing your .PAD file.

Let me know if you have any problems, or if this doesn't fix the issue.

Please remember, this information is provided as a convenience. If you are unsure about the safety/security of your data when performing any of these steps please refer to your IT support. Swiftpage accepts no responsibility for data loss through not following these directions.

No luck once again.  (1) Microsoft .NET Framework is not listed in the programs.  (2) Followed the instructions, after reinstalling the whole thing - same error. 

Without the ability to import/export the program is useless to me.  I am going back to v19 and calling it a day.  Thanks for the attempt to help.  Bill