Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating links between my webshop and ACT Premium

Creating links between my webshop and ACT Premium

I'm trying to find out if it is possible for ACT Premium, via the API, to accept data from my webshop

I appreciate there are a number of levels to this task and I will have to source/create a software module to sit between the webshop (Prestashop) and ACT's API

Thus far, ACT Support in UK acknowledge they're not really up to speed with the API and have suggested I use the Community to see if there is any advice/assistance to be had

1. when a new order id placed, I want a new contact record to be automatically created in ACT and populated with key info
  2. when an existing customer places a further order, I want their existing record to be appended with the new information

at the most basic level, I want to understand if ACT Premium, thro the API, has the capability to accept instructions from a 3rd party module, essentially to perform tasks that otherwise I would be forced to do through the keyboard

hope this makes sense

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating links between my webshop and ACT Premium

Check here http://www.egenconsulting.com/sales-automation-manager.html

In particular the WEBProspect component.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

thanks for suggestion
not sure this is quite the tool but it gets me thinking
as I get feedback i'll determine if my request is clear enough or whether I need to sharpen it up

regards
Bronze Elite Contributor

There are two established add-on products that provide connectivity from a web form to Act! without need for email parsing and they are:

Neither of these products require you to have to deal with the API which as good as it is, is not up to providing you the user interface you need to fully manage or automate the process. An API is basically a facilitator to connect two or more data sources but it does not in itself, provide for the user interface that is necessary for what you describe. 

Hope that helps.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

thanks for your input
not seeing at present quite how that will help me, but I will define a little better what I wish to achieve and will email it to XACT
might also update my post to clarify the challenge
regards