Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating history with bespoke time

Copper Contributor

Creating history with bespoke time

Premium 20.1.120.0, Update 7

I am searching for a lost cat.  I am putting out food in the early hours and checking regularly to see if it has been touched.  I want to be able to put a note in history at the exact time I checked the food bowl to monitor progress.

At 3.15am I created a history and again at 5.39am.   According to ACT I checked the food bowl at 3.30am and 5am or, if I edit the time, to 5.30am - nothing in between.  It seems ACT will register only the creation time of the history record  at fixed times and will not budge if you want to edit that.  Same deal when trying to use the NOTES tab for the same purpose.

I'm surpised.  It seems very inflexible to me.   Am reluctant to use a program outside of ACT as I would like to sue ACT for everything.  But this is a serious limitation.  Unless, of course, I'm missing something.

Does anyone know, please, how I can overwrite the default record create time to create an accurate note?  I realise I can simply put the actual time in the subject line - but I want to be able to glance at the list by time in the time column and for that to be accurate.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Creating history with bespoke time

Actually I am not an expert, and I hope that someone else expert from this Act! community users  can help you with this question

And I do not understand the question well, because when I manually create history records or when I do CLEAR ACTIVITY (to create the history record) I can define the date and time before clicking OK

1.png

2.png

FIRMA.png

Copper Contributor

Many thanks for your reply.

Interesting.

I don't seem to be able to create a history with the time as 1.02pm, as you have done...

Nickel Contributor

You may want to try this free add-on: Clear Activity Now Button.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking
Copper Contributor

That's very helpful.

Many thanks indeed for that.

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Jane

You can type in the time you want you do not have to use the dropdown when creating/editing or completing the activity so you could just type in the time 05:59.

I hope that helps.