Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating custom report with fields from multiple act sections and regarding a single opportunity

Creating custom report with fields from multiple act sections and regarding a single opportunity

I wanted to create an opportunity summary report that allows my reps to print the data entered into multiple tabs within Opportunites section but also pull filed from the Company tabs/fields. In the report creator it only makes fields available by the type of report template.  Is there a way to pull data from multiple areas?

Also, when I run the report even from just the Opportunity fields, I want this to pull for just one opportunity but I don't see a way to do that, it only does it for date range and users.  Any thoughts.  Basically, I want my sales people to be able to print opportunity reports so they can review them with Partners and customers in a printed format.  Thoughts?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating custom report with fields from multiple act sections and regarding a single opportunity

Depending on exactly what you want in the report, the report likely could be produced.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Creating custom report with fields from multiple act sections and regarding a single opportunity

the question is how?
Platinum Elite Contributor

To make an assessment, I would need to know the fields that you wanted to include, what you wanted the report to show and it would likely be necessary to examine the database itself.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

The ACT! Report Writer is not very good at pulling fields from multiple tables.  Depending on which fields you are talking about, you may be better off investing in a custom report written for you in StonefieldQuery for ACT! or Crystal Reports.  If you need help with this visit http://www.act.com/partners/acc/index.cfm.

Jim Fry, ACT! Certified Consultant

952-226-5498

jfry@ActSource.com