Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a new group

Creating a new group

Hi all

This is my first post. I have Act Premium, version 17.1.169.0 Hot Fix 4. There is about 1500 contacts listed. I have created two groups and linked about 100 contacts to each group. I have then created a third group named "general" and i want to move the balance of the contacts into this group and would like to know if there is an easy way of doing this. I do not know how to select all the contacts not currently in a group to then add them to the "General" group.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nico1

Administrator

Re: Creating a new group

Hi Nico1,

How have you added the contacts to the groups? Are you using Static or Dynamic members?
Bronze Elite Contributor

There is currently not a direct way to exclude contact in a group when creating a new group. 

Assuming there is not a criteria creating dynamic groups 1 & 2 which you could use as exceptions to create the 3rd group -

Create look-up from group 1 and update a field (User1?) with text - say Group3 using edit replace.

Now do he same for the 2nd group.

Finally look up all contact with Group3 as the text in the field you chose to update and add them to your group 3.

Hi Gary
Not sure on this one but a friend knows the system a bit better and I will forward him this question

Hi, Many thanks for your help. I will forward this to a friend that know the software much better than I do and he will then talk me through it.