Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a call monitoring eport

Creating a call monitoring eport

Hi, we have mulpile users on ACT and are relatively new to it.  I can use the reports and have made a few of my own but I am struggling to create a certain report.

I want a simpe report that shows how many calls a user has made between certain dates.  Each call is logged and is evident in the history tab.   The only report i can find lists the calls that the user has made but it shows the history notes for each contact so the report ends up being 100 pages long.

I just want a report that basically shows for example.  that  User A  has called  200 contacts beween September 10 - September 15th.        How can i go about creating this report??

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Creating a call monitoring report

The history summary classic might work for you.  It has attempted calls and completed calls, you can do a date range, you can specify a particular use, and it just a total - no detail.   Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

thanks so much.  That has made the report shorter but still not short enough.

there are a few users that make alot of calls, and we don't need to see who the calls are made to, just a quick log of the amount of completed calls in a certain time period.

A simple report   stating    User A call usage in a one week or one day period is all we need.   so we can clearly see on a one page report  that User A  has had   x amount of attempted calls,  x amount of complete calls   etc.

Basically just a tally of the totals is all i need.  Can I amend the History summary report to just show me totals??

Many thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes and no. I don't believe that the version of the History Summary Classic report can be easily modified to be a summary only, is at all. However I've done a rewirte of the History Summary Classic report and my version can be made into a summary only report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

when you say a re-write what do you mean.   have you created your own report from scratch based on the history summary classic detailed and formatted it to get just the main total summary?

I rewrote the report to resolve some of the problems with the standard report and yes it can be made into a summary only report showing only the final totals.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I rewrote the report and it just comes up with blank pages.  I have created a few bespoke reports already so I am aware of how to do it all,  but for some reason I get blank results with this one.

Any ideas as to how i can resolve it so I can get the correct report with the summary total only?

I have manged to rewrite the report so that it lists only the totals of the history summary of what one user has done today - no comapny details or notes etc, which is just what i want.   Only problem is,  i have 22 blank pages before i get to my last page with the total on it?

Help!!

That's what my version avoids. Requires hacking the report code. It can't be done thrugh the editor.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129