Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a Quote from Opportunities dialog box

Creating a Quote from Opportunities dialog box

Our company uses ACT! Premium for Web 2009. I am trying to create a quote for a company we work with using the opportunity information for the company, but I have no quote option in the opportunity dialog box. When I go to Tools Preferences on the toolbar, General tab does not offer a quote preferences option. However, I did find a quote template, so I know it is possible.

The end result I am looking for is the ability to create a quote from the opportunity dialog box.

Can anyone help?

JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Creating a Quote from Opportunities dialog box

2009 Premium From Tools | Preferences | General Tab there are three check boxes and than a Button Quote Preferences and than the Personal Files Location.

If you don't see it there is a real problem that you need to check if you have full Admin rights and the version installed from help about.  May need to uninstall and reinstall ACT! because there is no Forum or Knowledge Base ID of what you reported.

JM

Bronze Elite Contributor

It is not an available option for ACT! Premium for Web when accessing ACT! through the web interface. The quote template is there because it would be supported through the Windows interface of APFW. You would need MS Word installed on the hosting machine.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Is the Windows interface of APFW the desktop version of ACT!? 

MS Word is installed on my computer, but what does this have to do with the quote? Please explain? 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Correct. Think of ACT! Premium for Web as ACT! Premium with a web interface added. That is the way it has been built.

If you use the ACT! Premium quote process it uses Word with an embedded table to produce the form. You need Word installed to run it.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Could please answer another question?

Can I use the desktop version to create a quote, then open it using the web version?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Maria,

To answer your question, unfortunately you cannot generate quotes in ACT! for Web 2009 and below, as there was no integration between the web database and Word (from which the quote template is created). This functionality, however, has been added to ACT! for Web 2010.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, i have ACT Premium v16, when i open it on the web (desktop version) i can see the "create a quote" button, but it is shaded out and i cannot click on it.

how do i fix this?

Nickel Contributor

Hi Liezel,

You are probably using Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. The merge options are only available via Internet Explorer

that's Great!

thank you so much!

could you also help me with my email.

I go to tools, preferences, email & outlook sync

the Email Settings are empty, it says E-mail systems: <none>

i tried some of the things on the community, but nothing seems to help.

thank you so much!!