Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a FORM Template in Word

Creating a FORM Template in Word

I've created an ACT template using Word that also incorporates Word's Form Tool.  In addition to importing ACT Contact Data, I want Word's form fields to engage (checkboxes & drop down lists).

The problem is that I have to protect the template in order for the form fields to enable.  When I attempt to write to this template via ACT, I get the message, "The Unlink method or property is not available because the object refers to a protected are of the document".

Is there a way you know of to create a template that allows checkboxes and drop downs, as well as the importing of ACT data?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating a FORM Template in Word

Word only permits one set of macros at a time, so this is not an option.

Is this for an email?

What do you want to use the template for, maybe there is another option?

Thanks Mike.  I was trying to build a type of 'order form' with checkboxes and such.  My boss thought it would be great to incorporate the ACT Contact data import function of a template into the form we currently use.  However we've decided there really is no benefit to continue this attempt.  I appreciate your feedback though!

Bianca Thomka
Seattle, WA
Platinum Elite Contributor

ABM
Copper Contributor

I just developed an order form template for use in Act that uses Word's Form Fields without a problem, including macros. I have checkboxes, drop-down lists, etc. and I also prepopulate the form with several Act contact fields.

The only constraint I encountered is that you must save the template unprotected and then train your users to protect the template before they start completing the form.

Hope this helps.

Avid Listener

How did you achieve this? Ive spent a bunch of time on it. Was tyring to use drop downs and the calendar function. Word 07 and Act 2011. Please let me know.