Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create new Opportunity for a Contact record has no Association

JM
Nickel Contributor

Create new Opportunity for a Contact record has no Association

Still have problem as-of version Prem 2010 Hotfix4 with my DB and Demo DB running on XP Pro, have uninstalled and cleaned out ACT! completely and reinstalled it but still no help.

First time open DB and from Contact Detail Opportunity Tab create new Oppt. the Oppt. record will have the Association to that contact record. Repeat this for another new Oppt. for saem contact or a different one you see a quick flash of an attempted Association, but than is blank and nothing showing in the upper Associations window box view.

JM

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create new Opportunity for a Contact record has no Association

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. An update will be provided if the status changes, or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

The workaround is to go back to the Contact by clicking their name under the Contacts tab of the new Opportunity, then creating the next Opportunity for them under the Opportunities tab in their record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Wow I hope this is an urgent bug to get fixed ASAP because I've not been able to use 2010 till after hotfix 3 and this issue.

I better let you know that the other issue is it takes 2min. for my or demo DB to be fully opened up including the alarm pop-up window.

Where is this previously posted issue in Forum or KB I could not find it?

Sorry I did not report this during Beta testing since I found the other big bug with fields in over flow table and custom layout issues I could not move forward and than after Hotfix-3 I thought it was my system in need of a deep cleaning.

I don't follow you on the steps please be more precise of the window views Detail or List ect. and area's because what you say there is no name to select in the new Oppt.Detail view | Contacts Tab? You only have Add/Remove Contacts.. button and that is not an option when I have to use the unflexible (unable to change choices from NAME or COMPANY to another field) to find and Select Contact(s) since myDB of 65,000 records are keyed to a customer ID#.

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

The workaround is not possible because after I open ACT Demo DB after the first Opportunity is created the second contact I create Opp. for under Contacts Tab there is no name listed.  It takes to long with many clicks to Add/Remove Contacts.. button and drill down to find the contact name. 

Am I the only one with this problem being unable to create the Opp. a second time to get the contact to appear?

Do I need to do uninstall and reinstall?

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

I resolved issue after a friend said he did not have problem so I performed a third uninstall of ACT! and SQL Express.

Running KB Answer ID 19338 ACTuninstall.exe program "How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file"

Manually looking for and removing left over ?:\ACT> folders.

Followed KB Answer ID 25179 article "How to Manually Remove ACT! by Sage 2010 and ACT! by Sage Premium 2010".

Downloaded and run Free copy CClean.exe.

Reboot XP SP-3 PC and reinstalled Corp version 2010 Premium V.12.0

Installed Hot-Fix 4

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

Greig,

I don't know if you will get this since I closed it as resloved, but my problem came back again after opening DB and when creating an Oppt. after the first successfule new Opportunity the Association contact name is not appearing or sticking to the Oppt record. What changed I restored my backup file of current ACT! 2009 11.01 DB from my laptop on to my Dell PC running ACT 2010 v 12.0.409HF-4.  Also I did install Firefox latest verison and installed Java.

I hate to go through this again uninstalling and reinstalling so let me know what is going on.

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

Greig,

Running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4 (copied from help about)

Please see what can be done to escalte a fix its been 3 months since going Gold.

I am going to do a complete uninstall and cclean.exe and hope this work again for me?

I reported to you on 11/10/2009 when testing on my Old Dell "Create new Opportunity for a contact record has no Association". Also during Beta testing this problem was there before hotfix.  I noted even after HF4 your work-around did not help me to create new Oppt record with associated contact name and I can't spend time lookng for contact name and adding the contact into Oppt. record.

I can now say running on my 1.5 year old HP Laptop with a Clean install of windows 7 Prem (64bit) it was Vista 32bit, with Office 2007, and all up dated 64bit drivers / app's that this issue is not a OS, old apps conflict, or Old PC hardware problem.  I will post all this in the other POST and the log file details pasting below sections from my file name "Hotfix2.23.20110_3.6.39.log" I hope helps both the Web user issue and mine of adding new Opportunity record but contact name associated to it will stick.

I think Hotfix not applying correctly or something corrupting DLL is part of the problem because Hot Fix did work for a while on both of my PC's Dell XP Pro (32 bit) and HP Laptop with clean install of Windows 7 Prem (64bit) and even had problems when Vista Prem (32).  Only thing I can think that happened is running Regcleaners while ACT! is installed (did not matter who I've run) CClean, TrendMicro Pro cleaner, Regclean.

JM

This is the ACT! HotFix.

Applied 2/23/2010 3:06:39 AM

Minimum ACT! Version for this HotFix: 12.0.409.0
Version of this HotFix: 12.0.409.4
Products this HotFix is compatible with: ACT12PremiumACT12PremiumWebACT12Standard
ACT! version is: 12.0.409.4
Network Sync version is: 12.0.409.0
ACT! product is act12premium
Culture Info is: en-US
ACT! locale is US
Copied C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Data.Creation.dll
Copied C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Hotfix.dll
Copied C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.UI.WordProcessor.dll
Copied C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\ActUpdate.config
Copied C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.UI.PickList.dll
Copied C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Framework.Interop.dll
Clearing assembly lists
Added Act.UI.WordProcessor to deleteAssemblyList
Added Act.UI.WordProcessor.dll to installAssemblyList
Added Act.UI.PickList to deleteAssemblyList
Added Act.UI.PickList.dll to installAssemblyList
Added Act.Framework.Interop to deleteAssemblyList
Added Act.Framework.Interop.dll to installAssemblyList
Added Act.UI to deleteAssemblyList
Added Act.UI.dll to installAssemblyList
unGACed Act.UI.WordProcessor
unGACed Act.UI.PickList
unGACed Act.Framework.Interop
unGACed Act.UI
GACed Act.UI.WordProcessor.dll
GACed Act.UI.PickList.dll
GACed Act.Framework.Interop.dll
GACed Act.UI.dll
Regasm'd
Regasm'd Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.dll
Failed to copy hotfix wrapper and config to install directory.
The given path's format is not supported.
Success update hotfix version: 12.0.409.4 to the registry.
---------------------Start - UNNGEN------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Temp\pftD94B~tmp>ngen uninstall "Act.UI.SageIntegration"
Microsoft (R) CLR Native Image Generator - Version 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.
Uninstalling assembly Act.UI.SageIntegration, Version=12.0.409.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa, processorArchitecture=MSIL
Compiling 1 assembly:

--------------------- inserted last part with errors in log -----------------------------

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
 while resolving 0xa000045 - VSLangProj.Reference.get_Name.
Could not load file or assembly 'EnvDTE, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. while compiling method DesignTimeUtilities.GetReferencedAssemblies
Infralution.Common, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f
    Compiling assembly Infralution.Controls, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f ...
Infralution.Controls, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f
    Compiling assembly Interop.ADChronopher, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa ...
Interop.ADChronopher, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa
Failed to find dependencies of image Interop.CDO, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa, processorArchitecture=MSIL because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    Compiling assembly Interop.CDO, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa, processorArchitecture=MSIL ...
Error compiling Interop.CDO, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa, processorArchitecture=MSIL: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
Uninstalling assembly Interop.CDO, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa, processorArchitecture=MSIL because of an error during compilation.
    Compiling assembly Interop.DartMail, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa ...
Interop.DartMail, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa
Failed to find dependencies of image Interop.Redemption, Version=4.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa, processorArchitecture=MSIL because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Error compiling Xceed.Zip, Version=3.7.8113.16100, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff386b7563c6, processorArchitecture=MSIL: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
Uninstalling assembly Xceed.Zip, Version=3.7.8113.16100, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff386b7563c6, processorArchitecture=MSIL because of an error during compilation.
The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

---------------------End - NGEN------------------------------------------------

HotFix completed

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

This problem is not solved by simply removing ACT! and SQL, cleaned registry manually of any ACT signs then reinstall and apply hotfix4.

I found the steps and ACT setup that kills the chance of creating multiple new Opportunity records who's detail view no longer showing / adding in Association area of layout the Contact name in the tree.

I setup in ACT! Preferences> Startup Tab> Views> Checked the box "Open each view in its own window".  Having Contact, Company, Group, Opportunity Details windows as well as Contact and Oppt Lists windows open across ACT! over two display's.

I now know I can create multiple new Oppt. records with the Contact name in Association, as long as I DON'T close the Oppt. Detail window.  If I did close it I have to close DB and reopen it then from Contact Detail I can create many new Oppt. records.  The other option is don't have Multiple Table windows open.

JM

Message Edited by jm on 02-24-2010 02:04 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Create new Opportunity for a Contact Record has no Association

Sage,

To continue feeding updated Posts to this Subject using Opportunity where there is no solution to the first problem if you close an Opportunity Detail window and reopen it you loose capability when creating a new Oppt Record for Contact to make Association link up with the contract Record.

Now (ACT 12.1.181.0 SP1 Hot fix 1) there is a SECOND problem with Opportunity Records and not sure you have to be in view multiple ACT table/list view windows.

After noticing this weeks ago I confirmed issue that I was not seeing things or incorrectly making Oppt. I made a backup of my DB before correcting the recent Oppt. Record Associated to a specific Contact Record ID# 022764 to be able to go back and show the DB version.

I have now resolved 10 incorrectly Associated Oppt. Records to their Contacts out of a total of 170 Oppt. Records.  They were not improperly created or done before I noticed the FIRST Oppt. bug issue.

What are the steps:

When I created a new Oppt. Record for a Contact at some point in time the Association Contact gets linked to a different Contact.

When in Contact Detail Record Oppt. Tab and you view the columns (options) fields they are correct, but when yo double click to open Oppt. Record you get a different Oppt. Record for another Contact.  refresh or jumping to other Records or new search does not help.

I have to find the Oppt. Record by Opportunity Name I gave it in the Oppt. List view, open Record change / update some fields values then do save.

Now go back to Contact open the Oppt. Record in the Oppt. Tab and its OK.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

JM

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create new Opportunity for a Contact Record has no Association

JM,

Yes, we have been able to duplicate this issue. It seems to happen due to active, unreleased filters in the Opportunity List. If you first go to the Opportunity List and click "View all Opportunities" from the navigation pane, then you should be able to go to a contact, select the opportunity and have it open to that opportunity. It appears this needs to be done after setting any filters in the Opportunity List.

This issue has been reported and is under investigation. An update will be provided when a solution or additonal information is available. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.