Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create date recorded as different date

Avid Listener

Create date recorded as different date

Hi! I need help with a create date lookup Today is 3/25/10, and I have not created any new contacts yet. On 3/24/2010, I created 9 accounts at 10:00 hr, and then 11 more were created in the evening around 20:00 hr. Today, 3/25/2010,when I lookup all the contacts, and view them under the list view, I can see 20 contacts with the create date of 3/24/2010. However, when I do a look up and put it the field create date - equal to (=) 3/24/2010, the results only show the 9 I created at the 10:00 hr on 3/24/10. When I do a lookup and put the field create date - equal to (=) 3/25/2010, I find the 11 I created at 20:00 on 3/24/2010-but they have the create date recorded as 3/24/2010.

Is there a time in ACT to begin and end create date/times? I am confused that the lookup for 3/25/2010 shows a create date of 3/24/2010. I am only guessing that Act thinks my day ends at  17:00 hour or something, but that create date change baffles me. Thanks, this has really messed up some work statistics and I can't figure this out.

Best regards, thankful for any help! Judy

Nickel Contributor

Re: Create date recorded as different date

ACT! Program is using UTC(GMT) time to store data in SQL. So looks like if you create contacts at 20.00 hrs which will be 00.00 hrs in GMT which will change to next date in SQL.

I will report this issue to development team.

Thanks,

ACT! Support

Tushar Vyas
ACT! Database Services
Tuned Listener

HI,

I have similar issue with one of my Client. When we did Import from Database to database the created date replace to current date it doesn't retain the original date. Can we do something to change the mass created date?

There are records which have changed to current date as created date since 2012.

Please help us.

Regards,

Aasmi

Hi Aasmi,

Due to the 'Create date' field being a system field this is determined by the Contact being added to the database.

This field is ignored in the Mapping when importing and cannot be remapped.

An option would be to create a new field in both databases (IE: Date Created) then in the source database use the 'Edit - Copy Field' to copy the original create date to the new field and then you would be able to import this into the target database.

Tuned Listener

Dear Horn, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried to do as guided by you.. but i noticed when i created new field with Name Edate (i.e. Edit Date) to copy the main Edit Date and then copy the Edit Date to Edate field it changes all Last Edited By and Edit Date to Current date and this changes are for whole contacts in the Database.. This is very unexpected.

Regards, 

Aasmi

Bronze Super Contributor

It's probably because the Edit Date changed to the current date because you edited the Contact record and that is the current date so#it's just doing its job!

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Tuned Listener

No, i have not changed Edit Date i just created another Edit Date as Edate field and copied Edit Date to Edate field that's it. 

Regards, 

Aasif

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

The copying of data from one field to another in each record means that each record was edited so that is why the edit date updated.

Tuned Listener

So how to handle this situation. I have to copy data from database to another but at the same time need to keep the edit date, created date and last edited by intact.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Aasmi,

You can use the File > Export wizard to export a lookup of contacts from one database to another database. This should keep the system Edit/Create Date etc. fields intact, and not update to today's date during the export.