Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Create database

Hi.  I have over 200 names in my ACT! database for friends of our company.

I need to create a completely new database for CLIENTS.  These are not a subgroup of the original database.

How do I create a second "listing" within my ACTS! software?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author camralady
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Create database

I cannot locate FILE.  I am on the home page of ACT! addresses where my name is showing (the first record).  NO WHERE can I locate the word: FILE ... can you guide me further?  The article you attached with instructions KB Article 16470 starts out with the same instruction.  Locate FILE, Drag down and click on New Database.  However, I cannot find FILE ... 

Can you get me to the FILE tab so I can get going?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Camralady

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Camralady,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You can create a new (separate) database using the File > New Database option.  Here is an article with instructions: KB Article 16470

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author camralady
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I cannot locate FILE.  I am on the home page of ACT! addresses where my name is showing (the first record).  NO WHERE can I locate the word: FILE ... can you guide me further?  The article you attached with instructions KB Article 16470 starts out with the same instruction.  Locate FILE, Drag down and click on New Database.  However, I cannot find FILE ... 

Can you get me to the FILE tab so I can get going?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Camralady

The File menu would be in the upper left hand corner (just below the database name and above the words 'Sage ACT!' (depending on version of ACT!)).  It sounds like you are accessing the database through Internet Explorer.  Is this correct?

If yes, you will not have the option to create a new database (File menu).  For that functionality, you will have to have ACT! installed on the computer.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

ACT! Screen shot.jpg

Copper Contributor

Hello!

And thank you for your guidance ...

I am working within the FIREFOX search engine.  i also have SAFARI.  NO Internet Explorer (I am using a Mac).  

... as you can see by the screen shot, I cannot view FILE ... 

Is there a way I can?  

Sorry for the assumption of 'Internet Explorer', the main idea here is that ACT! is not installed on your computer and you are accessing the database through a web browser (Firefox).

Through web access, you will not have the File option (including the option to create a new database). You have to have ACT! installed on the computer to be able to create a database. For a Mac, you would have to have ACT! running on Virtual Machine (VM image) emulating a Windows operating system. A common VM for Mac's is 'Parallels'.

Another option for you would be to have the database/ACT! program administrator create a new database for you, which you would access through the same web access link.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi Greg:

Thank you for your replies.  I will talk to the Administrator who will certainly open up a new database for me to work within.

I'll give that a try.  Thank you again for all your assistance.  Talk to you later.

Best,

Camralady

Platinum Elite Contributor

Trying to print ....

Moved to new topic on same board for greater exposure