11-17-2010 06:13 AM
Having a strange issue with Sage Act! Premium 2011 V 13.0.401.0
When I click "Create contact from company", nothing happens at all. There aren't any errors that I can see.
Everything else seems to be working fine.
It looks like it "just stopped working"!
Has anyone else had this happen?
02-10-2011 12:08 PM
This is now not working for me either. I had a database & the create contact from company was working OK. I imported 700 companies & 700 contacts & I used the Company wizard addon to link those contacts to the companies. Now the Create contact from company does not work for the imported records only. It works for the original records. Why is that? Using Act! Pro 220.127.116.11. Thanks
04-22-2011 07:36 AM
I have the exact same problem. Adding contact from company simply does not work and does not give an error message. Does anyone have a solution?
Using Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 18.104.22.168, Hotfix 1 and windows 7
04-22-2011 01:49 PM
It appeared that my database was corrupted. I tried creating empty
copy of the database & then exported the data, using the export to
another Act! database function, from the old database to the new one but
I think the corruption was copied as well & that didn't work. In
the end I had to start from scratch & create a new database &
redo all the user defined fields. Fortunately there weren't to many to
do. Then I exported the data & this fixed the problem.
02-01-2012 12:09 PM - edited 02-01-2012 02:20 PM
I can no longer Create a Contact from Company after updating to Hot Fix 6 on Sage Act! Pro 2011 this afternoon.
This issue appears to be as a direct result of the Hot Fix installation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use the Creat a Contact from Company button quite often.
Note: Create Company from Contact still works.
Current Version: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 22.214.171.124, Hot Fix 6
02-01-2012 02:45 PM - edited 02-01-2012 02:47 PM
I believe I have found the issue.
I have a custom field under Contact and Company called "Client Since" which has a Field Type of Date. That field was linked between Company and Contact. After installing Hot Fix 6 my Create Contact from Company button no longer functioned properly.
To resolve the issue I unlinked Client Since and its now working properly.
My conclusion is that Hot Fix 6 may have caused an issue with the Linked Fields that have a Field Type of Date.
Fix: Try unlinking any fields with the field type of Date.
Hope this helps others resolve the same issue.