Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create contact from company not working

Create contact from company not working

Having a strange issue with Sage Act! Premium 2011 V 13.0.401.0

When I click "Create contact from company", nothing happens at all. There aren't any errors that I can see.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

It looks like it "just stopped working"!

Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Re: Create contact from company not working

This is now not working for me either.  I had a database & the create contact from company was working OK.  I imported 700 companies & 700 contacts & I used the Company wizard addon to link those contacts to the companies.  Now the Create contact from company does not work for the imported records only.  It works for the original records.  Why is that?  Using Act! Pro 13.1.111.0.  Thanks

Tony

I have the exact same problem.  Adding contact from company simply does not work and does not give an error message.  Does anyone have a solution?  

Using Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1 and windows 7

Copper Contributor

It appeared that my database was corrupted.  I tried creating empty copy of the database & then exported the data, using the export to another Act! database function, from the old database to the new one but I think the corruption was copied as well & that didn't work.  In the end I had to start from scratch & create a new database & redo all the user defined fields.  Fortunately there weren't to many to do.  Then I exported the data & this fixed the problem.

Tony

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can no longer Create a Contact from Company after updating to Hot Fix 6 on Sage Act! Pro 2011 this afternoon.

• No errors generated with the installation of Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6
  • When clicking the button for Create a Contact from Company no error is generated
  • The button does not work for old or new companies
  • I have preformed the Database Check and Repair with no issues
  • I have not made any recent changes to layouts or fields

This issue appears to be as a direct result of the Hot Fix installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use the Creat a Contact from Company button quite often.

Note: Create Company from Contact still works.

Current Version: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe I have found the issue.

I have a custom field under Contact and Company called "Client Since" which has a Field Type of Date. That field was linked between Company and Contact. After installing Hot Fix 6 my Create Contact from Company button no longer functioned properly.

To resolve the issue I unlinked Client Since and its now working properly.

My conclusion is that Hot Fix 6 may have caused an issue with the Linked Fields that have a Field Type of Date.

Fix: Try unlinking any fields with the field type of Date.

Hope this helps others resolve the same issue.