Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create a shortcut to a .pdf?

Create a shortcut to a .pdf?

I have a question.. I need to have a shortcut button on my contacts so i can click it and it will bring up my .pdf questionnaire

After it's up i can just save it then attach it as a document so that's no biggy it's just that i need to have ashortcut button.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create a shortcut to a .pdf?

Same PDF link for every contact?
Will you be editing the changes before re-saving?

Yes, same .pdf link.

It's an edittable .pdf so i will be inputting data (information to run quotes) then saving it then attaching to contact

Maybe use Tools | Customise | Menus and Toolbars
Then create a Custom Command to call the PDF and put it on the Contact Detail Toolbar

Another option is, instead of using the PDF, put all the fields and info in a tab and fill in the answers directly into ACT!

Filling them into act is to limiting and a pain in the butt since i have so many different products/lines i do.  I'll give that a go and let you know, thanks!

To add to the Toolbar, see this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14284

But the benefit of adding them as fields, means they are searchable .... if that's useful to you

I know they're searchable but i would have to have SOOOO many fields it would be ridiculous. This way i can just search by create date/name and its the same thing just... simplified.

Big PDF :-)

Just FYI... if you have ACT! 2012, the Universal Search will search attachments also... see this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28034