Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create a Report for Opportunity Costs.

Create a Report for Opportunity Costs.

Hello all, we have a report that indicates the sales/opprtunities of different "Processes", Products, Stage, total per Process and total of sales for the range of data. 

We needed to create something similar however for the Cost of the Opportunities. 

I managed to add to the (remove the sale amount and add the Opportunity Cost field), however there is no Total COST that I can create for the range from X to Y date. Unless this can be done in a different manner? 

Any help with this is truly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Rodrigo

- Act! Premium 2013 Ver 15.1.108.0

- Shared Database

-Windows 7

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create a Report for Opportunity Costs.

The original report you referred to; is that a standard report or a custom report? If a standard report, which ine is it? What you want can likely be done but I would need to know more to be sure.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

It was a stock opportunity by process report. Only customized the look of it. 

changed the [O:Total], and SUM([O:Total]) with the OPSmiley Tongueroduct Cost and SUM([OPSmiley Tongueroduct Cost]).

However the report has a Custom field that shows the total sales, however I have been unable to find a field that can do the total of opportunity costs for the date range. 

Thanks. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

The first problem comes from trying to mix fields from the opportunity table with fields from the product table, Mixing fields from different tables can cause a variety of problems depending on how you use the products. The total you refer to uses a VB script to develop the total. 

To create the report you want would require significant customization of the template along with the appropriate VB scripts to create valid totals. If  you're interested, send me a private message or contact me offline.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129