Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Remote Database option greyed out

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Create Remote Database option greyed out

I have two computers, both are running windows 8.1 (64) both runing Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.1, Hot FIx 6. 

My main computer sync enabled = True, Sync Role = Publisher, Security Role = Administrator and I have 2 licenses in database.

The create remote database option is grayed out. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author deilefson
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create Remote Database option greyed out

ACT! 2011 hasn't been tested for operation on Windows 8.1 and that could be the source of the problem. That said, try starting ACT! by right clicking on the icon and choose Run as Administrator.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author deilefson
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2011 hasn't been tested for operation on Windows 8.1 and that could be the source of the problem. That said, try starting ACT! by right clicking on the icon and choose Run as Administrator.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Ron. I had called Sage to see if they could help me out and they basically told me they don't service this version any longer and I need to call a consultant or I could simply purchase the latest version of Act. 

I called the consultant and he said to try the same thing as you suggested and it worked great.  I was up and running right away.

Just let you know I have been using this version of Act on Windows 8.1 ever since Windows came out with this version.  Everything works fine.  The problem I was having is I just purchased a new ultrabook and I installed the program without any problems.  But when I went to create the remote database for the new PC is when I noticed I couldn't.

Thanks again for your quick response, it is people like you that makes this forum work.