Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Contact from Company - Stopped Working (ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1)

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Create Contact from Company - Stopped Working (ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1)

I have been using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1, without any issues for almost 3 years, and all of a sudden my "Create Contact from Company" function has stopped working.

When I click that option, absolutely nothing happens; no error, no message, no new contact...it's like I didn't click an option.

It appears that everything else in my ACT is working as it should, I just can't create a new contact from a company.  I can Duplicate a contact without issue, but not from the Company.

One other note, my Create Contact from Company function was working just fine last week...this is somthing brand new.  (maybe something to do with a Win7 update?)

I have gone to Tools/Database Maintenance, and did the Check and Repair option...no change.

I have made sure that all of my linked fields are the same length...they are...no change.

I have used the ACTDIAG, and ran the Repair/Reindex/Rebuild functions from the right button menu on my database.

I'm stummped?  

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rich

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rich Wahne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create Contact from Company - Stopped Working (ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1)

Hello Rich,
This may be caused by the duplicate checking settings. Try this to resolve:
- Go to Tools > Preferences > General tab
- Click the Duplicate Checking button
- Choose "Company" for the record type
- If duplicate checking is enabled, then ensure that at least one field has been selected in the "Match Company records on" dropdowns, preferably "Company Name". Do the same for "Contact" record types. If this is already the case, then disable duplicate checking by unchecking the "Enable..." box.

If this does not resolve the issue, then you can try manually rebuilding your ACT! preferences file, per the instructions in the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rich Wahne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Create Contact from Company - Stopped Working (ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1)

Hello Rich,
This may be caused by the duplicate checking settings. Try this to resolve:
- Go to Tools > Preferences > General tab
- Click the Duplicate Checking button
- Choose "Company" for the record type
- If duplicate checking is enabled, then ensure that at least one field has been selected in the "Match Company records on" dropdowns, preferably "Company Name". Do the same for "Contact" record types. If this is already the case, then disable duplicate checking by unchecking the "Enable..." box.

If this does not resolve the issue, then you can try manually rebuilding your ACT! preferences file, per the instructions in the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Hi Greg,
Thank you very much! That did the trick, and I am now able to Create Contact from Company.
Peace!
Rich

Glad to hear it! Which solution worked for you - duplicate checking settings or rebuilding preferences?

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

I would have to say that the Duplicate Checking Settings fixed my issue? I ran through the Duplicate Checking Settings, and they all looked proper, and I made no changes...I saved the settings, and tried to create a Contact, and it worked just fine. I never got to the Rebuilding Preferences suggestion.
Thanks!!!!