Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Alphabet Icons - CreateGoogle Maps in Mainscreen (not in Webinfo)

Copper Contributor

Create Alphabet Icons - CreateGoogle Maps in Mainscreen (not in Webinfo)

Win10- Act v18 prem.

I like to create an Alphabet by  ABCD etc as small icons on Main UpperScreen and upon clicking I get the Contacts/others  in Alphabetial order,so clicking A

I get all the Contacts/FisttName/Lastname/Company  starting with "A".  I have "Launch Button Addon "program (Exponxx) but then I have to create all 26 icons,maybe simpler solution ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Second:   I can go to WebInfo to have the Google Maps of the contacts address  in the lower part of the screen. BUT I LIKE to have it in the Main Upper Screen,say the right part.

How.?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/ fieldname like StreetmCity Country... ( can copy /via edit the Webinfo link)

Thanks.

William

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Create Alphabet Icons - CreateGoogle Maps in Mainscreen (not in Webinfo)

Hi William,

For your first request, the best way would be by using custom commands. You can create separate buttons to perform each lookup starting with a letter of the alphabet by saving the lookup and using it in the command. Unfortunately, in the version of Act! you have (and also in the current version), custom icon files do not show when a custom command is added to a toolbar, instead a paperclip icon is shown. You could simply use the name of the command instead to label them for each letter of the alphabet.

For your second request, web pages can only be displayed in the Web Info tab. It's not possible to add this into the top section of a contact detail layout.

You can click the Increase Tab Size button to temporarily make the tab larger for easier browsing.