Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could not authenticate user. Cannot open remote database.

Highlighted

Re: Could not authenticate user. Cannot open remote database.

New Database was created on the server. Users are authenticated on the server and set to active. We are unable to access the newly created database on our server from any workstation.  Message displayed on remote workastations "Could not Authenticate user on a new database created on  our server. Have full access locally.

What is even more peculiar taht we can connect to several other databases located on the same server / same directory. Read all relevant KB articles on your site, verified all settings, I am stuck. Can you help please?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Your last solution eventually worked. I had trouble synchronizing the database, until I saw that somehow the sharing in the host database had been turned off. Everything worked only when I turned it back on before I created the remote database. There is another serious problem now that must be related.

Whenever I try to create an appointment (either through a menu or directly in the calendar) I get the following ACT! Error message:

Could not load file or assembly ‘autocomplete, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

What could this be due to? How do I repair this (this was, until these problems, a perfectly functioning system).

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Does the activity get created - or is the error preventing it?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Highlighted

I tried what you suggested on two systems and both users get the authentication error. I activated the user in the main database by logging in with their user name and password. I then logged in with my user name and password. ACT! launched and immediately started the synchronization process which completed successfully.  I thought great, but as soon as I tried to log in with the user’s name and password I received the authentication error again.   Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?

Thanks

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

No activity is created.