Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could anyone help me with boolean expression please?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Could anyone help me with boolean expression please?

I've  been trying out the ACT Presentation add-on Dynamic Field Colour.   

I'm able to make it work when the field I'm wanting to colour changes according ot the condition in a separate field.   

But what I really want is for a field's background to change when that field itself has data.   i.e. I have an ALERT field on the contact layout to remind me to look at history and follow up the last conversation, i.e. "How is your new puppy doing?"    I have this field invisible on the layout, as not many records will need the alert.  What I would like is when there IS data in the alert field, for the background to go to RED and the font colour to WHITE.

So I want some code which says

when field is not blank
or
when field contains data
etc.

I've gone around the houses trying to make this work and so far have not been able to.  Is there a syntax wizard out there who might throw some pearls of wisdom my way, please?

Would be lovely if this could be made to work.  Thanks very much for any help.  
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Could anyone help me with boolean expression please?

[ Edited ]

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

A few years ago I tried the same ADDON to change the color of the field days before the birth date, but what is the use of changing the color of the field if I would have to look at all the contacts every day?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get this.    

Whilst I completely understand you can't look at every record every day - who can? - surely you can use Groups to find your upcoming contacts with birthdays (within next 7 days, etc).

And you could alert yourself with a task to check the group once a week??

Or - I'm not too advanced on ACT as I'm testing it out, but I bet you could set up a SMART task, couldn't you? - to alert you to upcoming birthdays?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

PS

For the record, I think the Dynamic Colours add-on is useful.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Jane,

If your requirement is to get a list of contacts where the birthdays fall within the current week, current month or a specific date range then use the Annual Event fields facility in Act! would be best advice. For information on this you can access the in-built Help in Act! by pushing the F1 key on your keyboard with Act! open. In the search field enter the words 'annual event' for an explanation. 

Annual Event.png   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Many thanks for your reply.

Actually, the whole birthday issue came about through PRAXI SOLUTIONS above posting about his own issue which I think related to my original question.

MY issue was as described at the top of the thread.  If you can help in any way I would be so grateful.  I'm looking for a BOOLEAN EXPRESSION - nothing at all to do with groups or birthdays or events.

Thanks!