Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copy/Move Contact Data not available to remote users

Copy/Move Contact Data not available to remote users

"Copy/Move Contact Data" is grayed out on the Tools menu for my remote users.

All records are set to "Public" access

I have set all user permissions to "Manager"

I have enabled Scan for Duplicates on the main database

According to the permissions chart from "who can do this?" Administrators, Managers and some Standard users should be able to perform this so I don't understand why this isn't working.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Copy/Move Contact Data not available to remote users

On remote databases, only Managers and Administrators can Copy/Move Data.  This is how it is in ACT! 2009, it may be that Standard users can also do this on remotes in prior versions.

A couple of things to keep in mindt:

- If you made the security roles changes in the main (publisher) database, then those changes won't go through until the remote user syncs

- After they sync, they will need to log out and then log back in to the remote database for the new role to take effect

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Copy/Move Contact Data not available to remote users

Hi Greig;

Actually, it ended up working.  I'm on Act 11 Premium.  The trick WAS to enable duplicate checking (apparently) on the mother ship database; then the user synched, logged off and logged back on--at that time I had his permissions set to Manager and the option to Copy/Move Contacts was available.  I then changed his permissions back to Standard, he synched, logged off and logged back on and he still has the ability to Copy/Move.

All is well in our contact merging world for now.

Thanks for chiming in.