Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Converting Act 2000 to Act 2013 Problems

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting Act 2000 to Act 2013 Problems

If you've converted it on your home machine why don't you back that conversion up with the ACT! backup and do a Restore As on the other machine.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Problem is, it is my enduser that is licenced.  I used the trial version to replicate his problem.  But I got three other folks that all bought the software and all of them will need to migrate.  

I don't see the problem unless the trial period has expired.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author jweinraub
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Ok.  Weird.  For s&g, I ran the coverter tool again, b/c all I had was a bak file, not the zip file, since the computer where I ran it initially, the trial expired.  So, when I went back, I went to convert it, per usual, and rather than use the default directory, I chose to store the ADF file in a folder on the desktop, now, I am running this as a local admin user, outside of the domain, and then it worked...fine!

I do NOT know why the desktop opposed to the admin\my docs folder would make a difference, but it seemed to had done so.

In most cases the desktop is on the local drive where the other folder must have been a mapped configuration.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I thank you for your patience and help you provided along the way.  I will now bring this back into the domain and I hope there arent any real issues when I transfer the database over...

After backing up my ACT 2000, I'm now trying to upload to my new Act Pro 2013. The only reason that the new program was needed is that we have a new computer with Windows 8....not compatible with ACT 2000. Is there a procedure to follow??? I have eliminated a lot of ways not to do it.