Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Convert remote database to stand alone main database

Convert remote database to stand alone main database

We're having problems syncing our remote database to the parent.  The remote has all the new and current information.  Is there a way to make the remote database a stand alone database (convert from RDB, import data, restore/unpack backup copy, rename, etc)? 
Copper Contributor

Re: Convert remote database to stand alone main database

Assuming you're in your remote database already, click Tools > Synchronisation Panel. Disable Synchronisation.

Your remote database is now a stand-alone database and can be moved to your server.

Refer to the knowledge base article 19818 (ignoring the note for sync users) for instructions on moving your database.

Simon Hales
Sr. Commercial Marketing Manager
Swiftpage

Great, i'll try this but if i disable it, does this mean it will be never be able to be a remote again?  i hope to resolve my syncing problems but was worried about the remote database expiring before i was able to (user is at another location) so i wanted to convert it to stand alone so it will not expire and we lose all that information. will disabling it resolve the "expiring" error? and hopefully when i resolve the issue, i'd like to re-enable the sync and make it a remote again. is this possible?
Bronze Super Contributor

No, that is not how it works.

If you make the current remote your new host, you will then recreate your sync setup from scratch, meaning you will need to create new remote databases to replace however many you had/have now.