07-09-2008 04:31 AM
"Conversion has been halted with the following message:
There has been an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXECEPTION))".
We converted to ACTv6, we used Redflags, but nothing seems to work. Can someone tells us wat the problem is? Are we doin' something wrong?
07-09-2008 05:44 PM
ACT 2000 and ACT6 use shortcuts instead of actual attachments.
Its a common practive to backup the DBF database and restore it on a separate computer to complete the upgrade to an SQL version of ACT.
The problem with this practice is if that the shortcuts to those files may no longer be valid on the computer you've restored the database to (ie, missing or different mapped drive letters or absent local folders). In this event, the the upgrade process will not be able to find the files the shortcuts point to, and therefore be unable to convert them into proper database attachments.
07-09-2008 08:56 PM
The other issue is that ACT! 2008 creates the shortcuts in the attachment folder and Windows doesn't like that number of files in a folder.
But I have seen this error related to Microsoft .Net and SQL 2005 at times. You might try updating ACT! to 10.02 as it uses a workaround for the .Net Global Assembly Cache getting overloaded.
Also, have a look at the conversion log and see if you can find where it fails - it might give some additional ideas
07-10-2008 12:39 AM
Thanks but we have built a complete copy of our network on a testnetwerk and from there we start the conversion.When we open ACT 2000 on this network all links are working.
We've converted from ACT 2000 to ACT 2007 and there was no problem, but then all links from ACT 2000 became an attachment. Therefor we would convert the ACT2000 dbase straight to ACT 10 so we can keep our links as links. Then we only have the attachement from the last 2 years we worked with act 2007. Yesterday I"ve installed the latest version of act and going to try it one last time.
07-10-2008 12:54 AM
07-10-2008 08:05 AM
07-10-2008 08:30 AM - edited 07-10-2008 08:31 AM