Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conversion from ACT 6 bahaves oddly in calendar and task list

Copper Contributor

Conversion from ACT 6 bahaves oddly in calendar and task list

Client for a long history of using ACT converts database from v6 to 2011 premium.  Standard conversion, completes without error.  When the converted database is open, no activities display either in the task list or the calendar, they do, however display on the activities tab for the contacts.  Here's what I've tried.  It's a one user database and filtering is not the issue.

Before conversion check and repair database in actdiag

Before Conversion, create new database import data.

Purge cleared activities both before and after conversion (interesting, that after conversion, the purge process reported the correct number of cleared activities.

Each time conversion completed without error, each time the calendar and task list are blank.  Also, the activity count at the bottom of the task list shows all zeros. Each time if you go to a contact with activities, you can see them on the activity tab.

???

Scott Holmes

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Conversion from ACT 6 bahaves oddly in calendar and task list

Turst me, it's the filters. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Please Roy.., I haven't been doing this as long as you have amd will always bow to yoru expertise,  but I'm not a newbee. Thiis is not anecdotal.  I have a copy of the databases (there are two) and the same condition exists in both of them, and on all all machiones that open the converted databases.  This is a single user database, with filters are set to all dates, all types and all priorities.  I have alternately tried all users and selected users (even though there is only the one).  Options are set to Show Private and show Cleared. "Only Show timeless" is off.

Unless you can tell me about a filter that's hiding somewhere else (and I would love it if you could), I can assure you that it is NOT the filters.

Here's the kicker... if you schedule an activity that is in conflict with any exiting activity (even though it is not displayed in the calendar or task list) it shows the conflict, so it appears that ACT can see the activities even if we cannot.

Also, the conversion report shows all contacts, groups, activities, histories etc.  converted without error and the numbers coincide with those reported by the ACT 6 database before conversion.

Scott Holmes

If the activities show on the contacts then the activity is in the database and the task lint and calendar draw from the same table as the contacts. Dis you check the filters under the option on the task list?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Super Contributor

Could it be the color of the activities?

What displays at the bottom of the calendar where you can see how many activities?

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Copper Elite Contributor

I vote that Rita is correct. Many of my old ACT 6 users used color coding a lot and I had a similar problem just recently albeit it a different screen.

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL
Copper Contributor

To repeat for Roy, (love ya Roy) all the filters have been checked and rechecked and it is NOT filtering (and yes... I checked the options, and they are set correctly).  As to the color, if that were the case than I should be able to double click on a row and edit one of these invisible activities, and the activity counts at the bottom of the list should not be all zeros.

When the client told me his activities were not displaying in the calendar or task list I had exactly the same reactions as you all did, but I can assure you, they are not hidden, they are not filtered out, they are simply not there!

Wierd!!!!

Scott

Copper Contributor

I checked all the filters, many times I turned them on, then turned them off then on and off again.  I checked an unchecked all choices in the options drop down all to no avail.  If filtering is occurring (and it obviously is) it is beyond the users control.  And Yes, I killed preferences and rebuilt and repaired everything that actdiag lets you rebuild and repair.

:-(

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

Scott, I have seen this before when one or more activities is corrupt and stops the whole list form displaying.
Try changing hte filters to isolate what activity type or date range might have the corruption and then remove these using SQL Studio Manager from the activities tables. This is how I resolved this for one of my clients.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand