Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conversion access level

Conversion access level

I just started using Act Premium 2009 and have converted an Act 2000 database with around 2000 contact records.  I set the default access options for new contacts and companies to Limited Access which works for new contacts and companies but the converted records all came over with Public Access.  Is there a way to change the access on all the records to Limited Access without doing each separately - a very tedious task.  Or is there something I could have done differently when converting the records.

Thanks for your help,

Sharon

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Conversion access level

You can change limited access on multiple contacts, not one by one.
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1522...

But you can't do it for companies. You have to change it one by one, or purchase an third party add-on.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

Thanks so much for getting back to me, however, for multiple records this is only letting me change the access to Private Access.  It won't let me change to Limited.  The good thing is that I only have to click Limited Access for each record and it accepts the default users/teams.  Guess I'll start clicking away..

Thanks anyway,

Sharon

Platinum Elite Contributor

sharons wrote:

Thanks so much for getting back to me, however, for multiple records this is only letting me change the access to Private Access.  It won't let me change to Limited.  The good thing is that I only have to click Limited Access for each record and it accepts the default users/teams.  Guess I'll start clicking away..

Thanks anyway,

Sharon

Once you've selected them in the Contact List, you make them Limited by selecting "Add Users/Teams" or "Create New Access List"

Thanks, Mike, but this did not work.  When I selected either of these options I got the message "You may only add users and teams to limited access contacts.  Public and private access contacts will be ignored."

BTW it did not take long to change them one by one.  I used the Page Down key to move from one contact to the next and the mouse to click Limited Access under Contact Access.  By alternately hitting the Page Down and the mouse button, it went quickly.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yup, appears you're right...

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

why doesn't ACT allow for changing access from Public to Limited access from more than 1 record at a time?  Also is it true that this access dopen't affect the access for the opportunity?  It seems odd that there is not feature to allow for this basic change.  I had an employee sync their Outlook contact info and now they have to change them to limited access 1 by 1 by 1 by1 ....where's the automation in that????