Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Controlling fonts when merging

Copper Contributor

Controlling fonts when merging

[ Edited ]
When we use the merge function to some templates we have created, ACT ignores whatever font we have set up in Word and imports something else (since this is different in each of the templates it is difficult to pinpoint the reason).  There is probably a way to control what font is used when we merge a contact to a Word 2007 template; I just don't know what it is.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am learning this for the first time. 
Message Edited by BrettD on 05-06-2010 11:42 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Controlling fonts when merging

Hello BrettD,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Can you give some more detail to what is happening...

- what version of Act! is this?

- is it a specific font that is being replaced?

- can you determine the font that it is being replaced with?

- does it happen every time with the same template/font? 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are pulling the information into Word 2007 content control fields.  The contentcontrol fields are set to Arial 11 pt.  I was getting several different fonts at first.  I copied the entire template to another word Doc and then redid the template.  It now inserts the information into our letter in the Calibri (body) font.  In other templates we have it inserts the information in Times (11).  It is consistent in what font it imports, but it isn't what we wanted.

I just found another one that imports all but the email address in calibri - the email address is in Times New Roman.

sorry for just one more edit, but in yet a third (of about 10) I have a mix of Calibri, Arial unicode, Times New Roman, and  Minion Pro

Act Premium 2007

Message Edited by BrettD on 05-06-2010 12:05 PM
Message Edited by BrettD on 05-06-2010 12:08 PM
Message Edited by BrettD on 05-06-2010 12:40 PM
Astute Commentator

I am having the same issue. I have spent ages but  I can't get it to pull through the salutations in our company standard (arial 11) it keeps doing it in Calabri body. I have changed it on the template, on the actual field (design layouts) and in (tools) Preferences but it is still Calibri in the actual email. I can't find where it is telling it to be calibri. 

Did anyone get back to you for this issue?