Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts that somehow just 'magically' and completely disappear from the ACT! Database?

Re: Contacts that somehow just 'magically' and completely disappear from the ACT! Database?

In case you have not done this in the past, please refer to: 14010 How do I export data from one Act! database to another

And ensure you have a recent backup.

Silver Contributor

Re: Contacts that somehow just 'magically' and completely disappear from the ACT! Database?

Regarding getting data from a backup to a current database.

Firstly never restore using the first option - restore database or it will over right your current database.

Now we have got the scary warning out of the way it is easy to get lost data back from a backup.

Just use the restore as option and give the database a new name.

Now you can open the restored database, find the missing contacts, and using the export function export them to your original database.

Copper Contributor

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your kind offer - much appreciated.

Yes, it's just a few contacts, so I'll just do that export myself.

Regards,
Grant.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the link to the KB article, Dan.

Regards,
Grant.

Copper Contributor

Hi ch1p,

The scary warning is excellent advice, thanks! (<:

I phoned ACT! support when I was looking into all this, and they made sure that I did not choose the first option.

Regards,
Grant.