Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts in 2013 Premium not Loading

Contacts in 2013 Premium not Loading

I just installed 2013 Premium. When it loads, I can see "companies" when I click the companies button. I can see my calendar when I click the calendar button. I can NOT see the contacts when I click the contact button. As you can see in the attached picture, I have clicked "Contacts" but the view is still the "Companies" view. Help!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Contacts in 2013 Premium not Loading

From the Company list: What happens if you go to Lookup > Contacts > All Contacts?

It should present the Contact List view. Do you get the list, an error, or no response?

Open the ACT! Demo database and test accessing the contacts. Successful or same issue?
Greg Martin
Sage

From the Company list as you've described I do get the "list view" but obviously ONLY for that company.It will not let me open the Act! Demo database for some odd reason...and when I try to reopen my database, the screen changes at the top to show my database name, but the rest of the screen is blank, completely! I have to close it and reopen it to get back to my database.

Nevermind...it's working now. I went back and tried the same look up you described again. (Company view, clicked "lookup", then "contact" then "all contacts" and the list view of contacts came up. After that, clicking on "contacts" from the left hand side of the screen where the other buttons are is now allowing me to see my contacts where as before it was not.

Thanks,

Greg

Platinum Super Contributor

That was certainly an odd issue, but I am glad to hear it is working now.  Thanks for the update!

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Contacts in 2013 Premium not Loading "Update"

Now I cannot "lookup" a contact...I get the attached error message. I have tried this from "Contact" then using the embedded "Lookup" tool and from "Lookup" in the menu bar at the top of the screen. Same error message each time.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contacts in 2013 Premium not Loading "Update"

Can you lookup other record types (Companies, Groups, etc)? First try running database maintenance (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair), then restarting ACT!. If that does not resolve, then try manually rebuilding your local preferences file per the instructions on the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Cannot see Contact "Detail" view in 2013 Premium

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I can now "lookup" contacts (I have to jump through hoops to do it) but I cannot see the "detail" view for any contact.

What is going on? I've done database maintenance with no success.

Please help.

Regards,

Greg

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot see Contact "Detail" view in 2013 Premium

Are you able to access the demo database (ACT2013Demo) and test if the same thing happens?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Cannot see Contact "Detail" view in 2013 Premium

The demo database is "locked by an administrator". The thing is, I have full admin rights to my machine so that shouldn't be the case.