Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contacts are occasionally dissappearing

Contacts are occasionally dissappearing

I just went to find a contact and it was no longer in the Database and there is no record among users of it being deleted.  It has happened 3 times this week.

The only thing that we have noticed is they all have the same ID/Status but there are many others with that ID status that are still there.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contacts are occasionally dissappearing

Unless someone deleted the contact record and then deleted the history entry about the contact deletion, there isn't anyway for contact records to spontaneously disappear. I've had clients that made the same claim but when I checked it turned out to be a problem with the way the contact name was entered causing the typical lookup to fail. Try doing a contains lookup for a portion of the contact name and see if you don't find the records.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

How do I do a contains lookup?  Is there anyway to see if someone deleted their history?  Can you go back in time like you can in windows?
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you are using ACT! 11, it's a search type option. You can also do a contains by using % as a wildcard before and after the search string. No you can't tell if someone deleted history and the only way to go back is to restore a backup. Changes are unconditional and happen in real time.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129