Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact reports not showing all meetings

Contact reports not showing all meetings

Hi All, 

My first post here so go easy with me please. 

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Running on windows 7 - 64

I have a problem when running the contact report for people where if I look in the persons calendar i can see a cleared meeting for the previous week along side others but ACT fails to bring that meeting over to the report but doesbring the others, there does not appear to be any logic as to why it brings reports some and not others. This appears to be the case for the database either locally on the server or on a remote data base on the users laptop.

Any advice / guidance / what / where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Wayne

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact reports not showing all meetings

It's your runtime filter settings. This applies to the subreport filter settings: the general tab selects for the record manager for the contact record involved and the specific subreport record manager selection is for the actual record manager for the  actual Item (history, activity, opportunity).

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the quick response. 

Not sure I fully follow your line here but to further explain I lookup contatcs that have changed in the last 2 weeks to reduce the report runtime I then on the filters set the following. 

General - Stays on preview  has use data managed by all users and current lookup for create report for.

on the other tabs activety - opportunity I select date range last week and then the specific user who I want to report on.

I believe this is all correct but it seems as if it wants o just ignore certain reocrd where the record creator is the person I am reporting on.

Thanks for any help

Wayne

From your description you should get all relavant records and I've never seen such an error that can be duplicated. Some points, on oppertunities, the date range selects on the estimated close date for open oppertunities and the actual closed date for ones that are closed, If you're looking at past activities, make sure you've checked to include closed activities. Also all selections are made by the record manager not the record creator.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks again Roy

My bad calling it creator it should have been manager also the include closed is checked.

The thing I really dont understand is its as if someway the record I want to have the details of has a different record manager, i have run the report for the particular day for all users and still can not see the meeting that is clearly visible in the calendar ?

Is there any way to interrogate the history to show what might be wrong with these records if its something the users are doing wrong I can soon fix that but first I need to know what might be wrong.

Cheers

Wayne

Just to add a little further info the report had been changed from its original contact disp[lay to be displayed by customer changing this back appears to have fxed it although I dont really know  why I hope someone will be along to tell me.

wayne

Bronze Contributor

When you changed the report the first time did you remove any lines? There are hidden items taht need to be on the report such as contactid which ties things back. Since they are not easily seen people remove them and it breaks the report.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Ok I have tracked down what was changed and can repicate this.

On the contact report

edit > define sections

Section 3 shows contact in there and was changed to company nothign else was changed but with company record disapear with contact they are all present. Doesnt make sense.

Wayne

What you describe would only change the sort order for the contact records from the contact last name to the company name. It wouldn't make any other change and wouldn't affect the number of activities included in the final report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Exactly what I would have expected but the reality is it seems to miss some meeting notes out with it sorted by company and include them when sorted by contact.

Some of the records that are missing have a company created some are contact only with no company set up again no real logic to it.

Maybe try it on your own versions see if you can recreate this.

Wayne