Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact reports are all sorting by Contact Name only no matter how I sort in the LIST MODE. It doesn't recognize my sort selections...

Contact reports are all sorting by Contact Name only no matter how I sort in the LIST MODE. It doesn't recognize my sort selections...

No matter what I choose for a sort in LIST VIEW, the Contact Reports only sort by the Contact Last Name...

I have tried clicking on the column heading, I have tried going to edit and completing the drop down with my choices, but when I run the report, it still only sorts my contact last name.  Not sure what I am doing wrong...

Anyone any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact reports are all sorting by Contact Name only no matter how I sort in the LIST MODE. It doesn't recognize my sort selections...

The sorting in reports is an internal function of the report design. You would need to modify the report template to change the sort.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Contact reports are all sorting by Contact Name only no matter how I sort in the LIST MODE. It doesn't recognize my sort selections...

Here is a link you may find useful about ACT reports.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27848/related/1

Thank you for the quick response!

This link is great and helpful.

Again, thanks for the quick responses!  I think I can fix my issue now....

Bronze Elite Contributor

The link also has sub links regarding most aspects of ACT reports so good luck with your new experience with reports.

Thank you so much.  I found what I needed and fixed my issue with one click of the mouse.  Can't believe I spent several hours trying to fix this before I joined this forum.  Now I'm just reading posts to educate myself.  

Thanks again.