Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact records are not all exporting to TXT file

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact records are not all exporting to TXT file

I am using ACT! Premium 2012 and am having a problem exporting data from our database.   When I try to export data to a Text Delimited File (TXT), not all the records export.  I am choosing File, Export, Text Delimited, Contact Records, Current Lookup, Tab, and then loading my saved Map consisting of 3 fields.  My lookup consists of  2006 records and what I end up with in the export is inconsistent (54 records, 534 records, 72 records, etc.)  I have tried breaking up the lookup to a smaller amount and exporting those but I have the same results.  Also, I have the duplicate checking turned off in my preferences.  I have also had problems with this in previous versions as well (although I usually am only missing 15 to 50 records or so). 

Or does anyone have a work around for this?  I'm actually trying to get this data into an excel file. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author julie@askhitek.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Contact records are not all exporting to TXT file

There is an Export to Excel function in ACT, go to the Contact List and choose Tools, Export to excel.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author julie@askhitek.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

There is an Export to Excel function in ACT, go to the Contact List and choose Tools, Export to excel.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thanks! This works great! But I still don't understand why the export does not work.