Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact lost when ACT syncs with Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Contact lost when ACT syncs with Outlook

A client has a machine that syncs every 30 minutes with Outlook. If the user is creating a new record at the time the sync takes place the screen blinks and they lose that record.  Currently ACT 18.1 on Windows 7 Pro.

Going to upgrade all users to 18.2 + latest hot fixes next week but do not see this as an issue or fix in SP2 or Hot fixes. Just wonder if anyone else has seen this,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎11-04-2016 09:19 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Contact lost when ACT syncs with Outlook

Report from users with the problem after upgrade to 18.2 HF4 

Now a message box come up when testing what we discussed earlier. By pressing ‘No’, Act allowed me to stay on the record. I think maybe the problem before was Act failing to give you the two options (and just auto-selecting ‘Yes’). Hope that gives you what you need.

This seems to have resolved the problem in that it gives the user a chance to keep the new record they are creating if ACT and Outlook sync.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

What exactly do you mean when you say the record is lost? Do the fields blank out or are you taken to the list view?

If it's the latter, have you tried a lookup to see if the contact detail has actually been saved to the database?

We have previously been aware of an issue where after an Outlook sync completes, Act will force a screen refresh. This can appear to 'lose' the contact, as you would be taken to the list view, but the contact has actually been saved.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

The user states that the actual record is lost and when I searched for one he had the details of It was not in the database. 

I will bear in mind your reply and ask him to do a another test and let me search again just to be sure that what he is describing is correct.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi again Gary

Update from the user with a bit more detail.

Hi Chip,

The part about it forcing a screen refresh sounds right. However, I was not taken to the list view. What actually happened is that this contact (to be the third within the respective company) simply disappeared and I was taken to the previous record, and the counter at the top reverted from ‘3 of 3’ that fit my search criteria of ‘Anglia Ruskin University’ to ‘2 of 2’ hence why I’m fairly certain it just deleted what I’d done. Additionally, I then recreated the record from scratch, and there was no mention of it being a duplicate etc. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Administrator

Hi ch1p,

Thanks for the updated detail.

Please can you let us know when you have updated the user to v18.2? We would be interested in knowing if this issue also occurs on the updated version. I'm not aware of any defects that are directly associated with this issue being addressed in this update, however there were changes made to related areas of the program that could affect this behaviour.

If the issue persists after the upgrade, then we'll conduct internal testing to see if we can replicate the issue in a similar environment and report our findings.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

Update booked for next Thursday. 1 x server + 1 x webserver and around 10 users.

Will report back once we have a few days to asses after that.

Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎11-04-2016 09:19 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Report from users with the problem after upgrade to 18.2 HF4 

Now a message box come up when testing what we discussed earlier. By pressing ‘No’, Act allowed me to stay on the record. I think maybe the problem before was Act failing to give you the two options (and just auto-selecting ‘Yes’). Hope that gives you what you need.

This seems to have resolved the problem in that it gives the user a chance to keep the new record they are creating if ACT and Outlook sync.

Administrator

Thanks for the update ch1p.