Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact hours

Contact hours

I've got a customer that works with a roofing company that I handle IT needs for.  They are using ACT Premium, which seems to be a decent CRM solution for such a small company.  The product itself seems to work fine, but I'll have to say, support hours SUCK.  I have a full time job, and handle other customers beyond regular hours and on weekends, and I'm unable to get any kind of support from Sage during these hours.

Since I was the system admin for a roofing company some years back, a lot of the sales team have left the company, and have either started companies of their own, or have partnered with others to start a business.  I have a new startup that is looking for an all in one CRM such as ACT, but they also need to be able to work up estimates and bids using the software if it is at all possible.  This includes inventory and pricing of roofing materials.  I need to know if ACT has those capabilities.  From what I've read so far it doesn't, and a third party ACT integrated product may be in order, that may be too costly to justify.  Along with support hours, I may have to look elsewhere.  Any ideas on this?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Contact hours

Xaneth,

ACT! Technical Support "Phone Service is available 12 hours a day, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-8:30pm ET". It only costs $299 for a year for a single user http://www.act.com/support/plans/actadvantage/.

I used to be an insurance restoration contractor and used an estimating system that cost $2900 to start plus $600/year maintenance. I made it work with ACT! using macros. Or they can get QuoteWerks Standard for only $179 / user (with 5-9 users). It pulls the contact info from ACT! to create the quotes then it creates an Opportunity and Activities as well in ACT! when you save it. Manage labor rates, materials prices and markups also. Send quotes via Outlook in PDF format. Even run reports. Create invoices in QuickBooks... Check it out: http://www.quotewerks.com/prodinfo.asp.

They can manage inventory in QuickBooks (ACT! links to QBK) and do job costing there as well.

Dave Worral
ACC@Customer-IT.com
ACT! Consultant & Premier Trainer

Re: Contact hours

Nice!  Thanks for the info.  It would be nice to have better support hours, but I've helped implement ACT, like I was saying with another company, and most of the answers were out here on the forum, and in their FAQ's.  Some things did require a phone call though.  Can't remember what we ran into, think I was having some trouble with creating Remote Databases for all the users for some reason...  Anyway, it does sound good, I'll have a look at the solution!  Thanks again, and if anyone else has had any experience in this area, I'd love to see any other solutions for inventory, pricing and estimates.  Nice that ACT can tie into QB as well.  Is that native?  The other company I am working with picked up Quickbooks recently, so it would be good to integrate the two.